- Name:Silence, a 3D book printed
- Client:Tactile Book
- Date:September, 2017
- Role:Graphic designer, illustrator, accessibility, 3d modeling, 3d printing technician
- software:Illustrator, photoshop, indesign, blender, cura
- Categorie:book design, 3D printed, product design
- Tags: 3D printed, accessibility, Illustration Book, innovate
A book of illustrated poetry, which takes advantage of the relief of 3D printing, where illustrations and braille is designed to be recognizable by touch, offering a new experience and tactile communication for all, giving accessibility to the visually impaired. I did worked with help from La ONCE (National Organization of Spanish Blind) organization to test and validate the project.
You can find all the information in Tactile BooK, It is also available for download at THINGIVERSE. in Spanish and English version. It has been published in Experimenta_magazine, Neobis, gráffica, and Edcd17 / Edcd19.
The books for visually impaired people are few and very expensive, besides that, they count most with a slow manual process and that’s where 3D printing technology can make a difference.